Tax help centre

HMRC Logo RAD Logo

Welcome to Royal Deaf Tax

Are you deaf and looking for information or help about Tax or Tax Credits? You have come to the right place!

Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD) and HMRC are now working together to make information and advice more accessible for Deaf people in the UK.

On this website you can

  • See links to HMRC information – for example, “What do tax codes mean?”
  • Book a webcam appointment with RAD’s Tax Advisor, who will chat with you in BSL, and help you solve problems with Tax or Tax Credits.

You can contact HMRC directly via a NRCPD British Sign Language / English interpreter using RAD’s Video Interpreting Service.

RAD’s Video Interpreting Service gives easy, instant access to registered, qualified interpreters via your PC or tablet. The service is available by appointment only; for more information on how to make a booking click here.

Help to Save

Help to Save is a new government saving plan to support working people on Tax Credits and Universal Credit to build savings. What you need to know: You […]

Read More

Child Benefits

When you can receive child benefit, and how to make a claim.

Read More

Self Assessment

Who needs to complete a tax return, and how to do this.

Read More


Information on tax codes and how to check you have the right one.

Read More

Tax Credits

When you can apply for tax credits, and how.

Read More

Marriage Allowance

Married or in a civil partnership, earn less than £11,000? You could benefit.

Read More

Personal Tax Account

Manage your tax affairs online, quickly and simply, whenever you want.

Read More

Latest News